Sage customers and Business Partners can access thousands of high-quality vertical and custom solutions from hundreds of Sage development partners. This technical ecosystem is rich, diverse, professional, experienced, thriving-and richly supported by Sage training and cooperative development programs.
The Sage Business Management Division works with its development partners in three distinct tiers: Silver, Gold, and Endorsed. Gold-level status is granted only to partners who meet a rigorous set of organizational and technical standards-including a requirement to offer at least one "Sage Certified Solution." The Endorsed level represents partners that have a strategic relationship with Sage and continues to be at invitation only.
Certification is currently available for select products from Gold and Endorsed Partners integrating with Sage Accpac, Sage MAS 500, and Sage 90/200 only. Additional certification programs will be announced as they become available. Each partner product will carry the same "Sage Certified" logo.
Sage wants to emphasize that thousands of high-quality, market-tested solutions are available without certification, but that certified products will offer an extra measure of reliability and predictability, "above and beyond" standard market products.
Sage Certified Products must 1) Support all Sage upgrades and product updates within certain minimum time periods; 2) meet a broad range of accounting, architectural, and product support guidelines; and 3) be submitted for independent testing by VeriTest, the product certification division of Lionbridge Technologies.
Certification standards vary slightly by product line, but in general, Sage Certified Products have been pledged to:
- Be independently tested for minimum stability and functionality on the current release of their relevant Sage product line.
- Be independently tested for minimum compatibility with current Windows XP Professional and Windows Vista Business client systems. Server components must be independently verified with Microsoft Windows Server 2003, SQL Server 2005 and Pervasive 10 (where relevant).
- Perform internal testing which verifies that the certified product does not damage Sage data integrity.
- Offer Certification Statements available on the Sage or VeriTest websites which detail all certification testing and relevant platform configurations. These must include a statement to customers about known performance issues related to concurrent user loads.
- Provide Sage technical support with lists of product integration points, and Sage module modifications, where relevant.
- Provide user documentation which has been independently audited for clarity, currency, and completeness.
- Support each monthly upgrade of the relevant Sage product line within minimum time periods; and to recertify with major Sage upgrades.
- Offer automated installation which detects dependencies and alerts users to known conflicts and deficiencies in pre-installed products.
- Use Sage pre-installed, compatible 3rd party integrated and accessory applications, if available.
- Not install unsupported 3rd party integrated and accessory applications; and not to overwrite supported products with different versions.
- Offer documented un-installation procedures which do not damage Sage product modules or Sage data.
- Perform Windows version checking before installation, install to Windows-standard program folders, and adhere to Windows Resource Protection (WRP). (Sage MAS 500 and Sage Accpac solutions must also support Windows Least-User Privilege, also known as LUA.)
- Follow generally-accepted accounting principles as defined by the country in which the solution is sold.
- Adhere to the payment card industry data security standard.
- Adhere to a number of relevant user interface, file naming, data handling, and coding standards as published by Sage, and varying by product line.
A detailed breakdown of certification standards is available from within our Registration and Downloads area, and specific certification test plans which can be executed by customers and business partners will be released as they become available.
Neither Sage Software nor Lionbridge Technologies provide nor imply any warranty or guarantee whatsoever on Sage Certified Products or products carrying the Sage Certified logo. NO RESULT SET FORTH IN ANY TEST REPORT, AND NO STATEMENT OF LIONBRIDGE, WHETHER WRITTEN OR ORAL, SHALL BE DEEMED TO BE OR CONSTRUED AS A WARRANTY THAT ANY OF THE SOFTWARE OR PRODUCTS IS COMPATIBLE WITH ANY OPERATING SYSTEM, HARDWARE, OR THIRD PARTY PRODUCT. LIONBRIDGE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF DESIGN, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES PERFORMED BY LIONBRIDGE, THE RESULTS OF SUCH SERVICES, AND THE USE, DISCLOSURE, OR PUBLICATION BY ANY PARTY OF ANY RESULTS (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY TEST REPORTS).